Have you heard of Family Watchdog website?

One of my musician friends shared this link because it seems that some sites are infiltrating musicians pages and then trying to promote adult websites/porn. Anways, I admire this musician alot for his stands on certain issues. Anyways, he shared this site,

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

I entered in my zip code and was appalled to find that 4 registered sex offenders live : .06 miles away, 1.07 miles, 1.87 miles and 2.61 miles from my house. Digging deeper I can even access their convictions ie: SEX ABUSE 2-FEL
  Conviction Date: 2/10/1999
SEX ABUSE 2-FEL
  Conviction Date: 2/10/1999
CA-FELONY
  Conviction Date: 2/4/1980
CA-FELONY
  Conviction Date: 2/4/1980
SEX ABUSE 3-MISD
  Conviction Date: 2/10/1999
CA-FELONY
  Conviction Date: 2/4/1980
CA-FELONY
  Conviction Date: 2/4/1980
SEX ABUSE 3-MISD

I so appreciate sites like this. I am now more aware who lives around me. Do you find this site helpful? Would you use it? I know i will. My skin is crawling now that i know what these people look like. They include pictures.

VGonzalez73

Asked by VGonzalez73 at 5:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've used it for years, always been helpful when moving.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I did know about that site, yes.. and I am so very thankful that I don't live close to any.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I usually use megan's law. It's the most up to date.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes,my ex step father is on it-molestation of a girl under 14,and rape of a Down's woman in '86

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• @ lovinangels Do you have a link to that website? @butterflyblue19 that is so sad. I can't believe how people treat others like sex objects to fill their perversions.
    Watched America's Most Wanted again this last Saturday, and one woman had such an amazing story of how she was approached and was taking into the sex slave trade, here in the US. If anyone has the link it would be great to share, i will try to find it. She helped another gal get out too. I hope they find the guy that took these women and used them to gain a buck. UGH>
    VGonzalez73

Comment by VGonzalez73 (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yep, I check it regularly. I'm fortunate not to have any that close to me, but a few towns over, they are everywhere! I actually recognized two of them! One works in a bar I used to go to occasionally and one works at a gas station I used to stop by weekly.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes, I've looked at it. It shows all kinds of things about them. Where they work, too, right? They should never have any kind of rock to hid under.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you, I didn't know about this one... :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010