Am I Hurting My Son?

I was just wondering if I am hurting my ds by doing this and if I am I will stop. I like to drink iced coffee drinks, not coffee, but those drinks like chocolate mocos, lattes things like that. I don't like coffee unless it ahs lots of other flavoring,sugar ,milk in it. I will give some to my ds when he is around when I get theres. He does not get them everyday. He is 18 months old. Is this harmful to him?

Bugbait

Asked by Bugbait at 5:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son is 21 months and the first time I got an iced latte he wanted some so badly and had a tantrum and it was awful. I have learned to also by some milk in the same style of cup as my drink. This way he thinks he is getting a treat but really it's just good ol' fashion milk :)
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. It certainly isn't "good" for him.. whether it will actually harm him.. I don't know.. but there are a lot of other things that would be better to offer.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Caffeine isn't the best thing for a baby

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't do it. My 10 yr old will ask for sips and I don't allow him to.
    Sharell8710

Answer by Sharell8710 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't do it either,in fact try not to give anything to your kids that has caffeine they don't need it.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes, you should stop. Caffeine is a stimulant. It flushes the body of calcium, it will increase his heart rate and respiration. It can irritate the lining of his intestinal tract and stomach. And it does decrease his bodily fluids.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 6:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would gave my kids a sip or two when they were young but not that young. They were closer to 2.5 or and it was literally a taste. Now I get them their own at 3 and 6. BUT its just milk with a little coffee creamer and ice. At starbucks I will order them milk with ice and vanilla and call it an ice coffee! lol. they love it!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would be more concerned about the amount of sugar in them!!
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 6:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• no good fo him mom :(
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It won't hurt him anymore then a soda or something like that lol Like you said, don't give it to him everyday, but in moderation it is fine.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010