Why would a random person pull up and take a picture of your home and then speed off???

I was sitting on my porch this afternoon talking on the phone, when a man in a truck pulled up and took a picture of my house! And he had his camera out the window, slowed down to almost a stop took a pick of my house, he sped off around the circle and kept the camera up as to point it to Everyone elses, but didn't slow down like he did for mine. Quick stop at stop sign, maybe to make sure he got a good pic, then sped off like a bat outta hell down the road!

I am going crazy trying to think of a reasonable explanantion as to why someone might do this with no success. I really freaked me out! Do you havew any ideas and what would you do?
(wasnt sure where to put this one, so I put it under home since it happened at my home)

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• That would freak me out you have an alarm system for your house?

Answer by chocolatluver at 5:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No idea, but if it happens again or anything else suspicious, I'd take down his license number.

Answer by momofonelilguy at 5:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Did someone complain about the state of someone's house/yard in your neighborhood? We had this happen when our neighbor had a crapload of junk in his yard. They turn the pics into the city

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Id go to the cops and the local real estates. Def get an alarm systm if you feel necessary. Was he taking a pic of your house or you?? Are things ok with you and hubby? Take all things into consideration and go from there. Def talk to other neighbors to see if they have seen him or know him. Did you get a good look at him or his plate? Or even the make and model of his car? Im prob being excessive lol but Id worry too! On a lighter note...maybe hes building a house and lieks the style of yours! lol

Answer by Steph319 at 6:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My sister in law does this but for real estate reasons

Answer by Raindew at 6:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Are you re-mortgaging your home? The bank takes pictures as part of the process. Maybe it was a building Contractor who wants to sell a job to someone else & wants to copy a detail on your home or a painter for the same reason. If your house is in disrepair, it may be the town in order to give you a violation. I doubt a robber would photograph your home first & even come back after he saw that you saw him. If you see him again, try to get his plate number just in case.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My home is well taken care of.
    We moved to this nieghborhood 5 months ago.
    Its in a safer town.
    The scariest part is that my nieghbor said he saw him here yesterday do the samething to my house! And yesterday was Sunday, if it was someone doing thier job, most ppl dont work on Sunday.
    He did see me, because when he put up his camera to take a pic I stood up and said Hey! Then he took off! I also have a 5year old daughter, which concerns me.
    Things are very good with the hubby and I.

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• And NOT re-mortgaging

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do you have a mortgage? We learned in Real Estate School that if you have a mortgage, the company can take pictures of your home for various reasons without you even knowing. They said that if you do have a mortgage, chances are your home has already had numerous pictures taken of it.

Answer by m-avi at 6:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe they liked something you have on your house and wanted to show someone what it looked like! Just trying to keep it positive!

Answer by jem102675 at 6:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010