I know this is bad but...

I hat it when my kids play in the house. I don't mean with blocks or coloring. I mean when they get to shrieking and laughing and climbing on each other. Not being bad AT ALL. It just grates on my nerves and it'a ll I can do all the time to tell them to just sit down! Right not they are innocently taking turns laughing and jumping off the bottom two steps. I really just want them to sit still! lol! how do I get over this!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• No idea but it grates on my nerves too. I don't feel its bad because in my house if I allow that behavior to start, it only escalates and becomes insane. I don't care if they play like that in their room but they don't need to do it literally right in front of me. We're in a 1k feet two story townhouse - there's not enough room downstairs to be playing like that.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do what I do...   I remind myself that they are healthy, happy kids and not laying sick in a hospital somewhere:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree with PP totally. But its normal to feel that way. Its the end of the day and youre tired. Anyone indoors is gonna get annoyed at some point when they hear screaming and loudness in such closed quarters...and no i dont think its bad. just tell them to play in their room or keep it down a bit. or just preoccupy urself
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I get the same way! I try to tell them to have inside voices but does not always help!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• get an I POD! put one headphone in at a time so that you can still hear what is going on but the music in the other ear will help to drown out the 'noise" with something you want to hear.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe fix yourself a cup of tea and relax for a few minutes?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• same here my r boys so i know how it feels i get to me
    vmr

Answer by vmr at 10:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010