Extracurricular activities for 2 year old

My daughter turns 2 on Friday, and I was wondering if anyone got their child(ren) involved in extracurricular activities this early? By that I mean things like gymnastics or dance or anything of that sort. She doesnt go to child care, just has a nanny during the week, so I want her to have some child to child interactions.

audrinasmomma

Asked by audrinasmomma at 6:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Check with your local library. It may have a Toddler reading group. Also check around for Mommy and Me Music Classes.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My dd was in gymnastics at 2 and loved it!! Her friend was involved in Karate at 2 and her cousin in dance. Its all great and tons of fun for them, Not to mention discipline, respect and great social skills
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• This age is a little young for dance. I think they have tumbling classes for children this age. Also, my kids where swimming at this age. Other then that there really isn't much. Have you looked into the library or the Park and Rec. Sometimes they have story time or even a play group that the nanny could take her to.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 6:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• gymboree is fun, and we do play dates alot as well as church nursery 1 or 2 times a week :) i want to get him in dance, he loves to "shake it" haha
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010