Little is mighty? A chihuahua search and rescue police dog?

A BBC story says a Chihuahua competed against Golden retrievers and German shepherds to win a place as a contract police dog. Momo (Peach) has passed the exam to become a dog in the police force in western Japan, in what seems to be a first. The 6.6 pound dog is set to become part of a search-and-rescue team used for disasters such as earthquakes. Its small size means it will be able to squeeze into places too narrow for the bigger breeds.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I think the size could be an advantage for certain jobs, however the heights some of these dogs need to jump could could be an issue. I love when atypical breeds show that they can handle the atypical jobs!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sure, why not! My Eddie is always popping out of tight places, corners, nooks and crannies in my house. Makes me keep my house clean!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I think its awesome! Go tiny dog!

Maybe they can get too other dogs like her and call them ....Nooks and Cranny.........cause they are so small they can squeeze into tight spots! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• ** two that is not too! LOL
    LilyPondOasis

• Meh, good for lil man, but I prefer my dogs big.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2010