How are the new TSA patdowns different than before?

Curious.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 6:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would like to know too. I fly like its my job and its all the same where I go. But im sure other places are diff....and btw..i live in NJ
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I have never been patted down while flying nor even X-rayed
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It's more often. I was given a "pat down" last summer.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 6:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do you guys pay ANY attention to the news? I'm just wondering, because it has been all over the place .... with the new "pat downs" they feel the genitals with an open hand, as well as cup and squeeze the breasts of women, and they stick their hands between the underwear and skin around the belt line.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• This new "pat down" was just implemented Oct 29
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 6:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Do you guys pay ANY attention to the news?

Apparently not.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Wow. Rude. I don't have cable and my internet isn't the best. Thanks for informing the public. You ladies are the reason that conservatives are looked down upon so much. Don't be a bitch.
    acurran88

Comment by acurran88 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

I watch the news twice a day, and guess what, this hasn't been big news hear... The few stories there have been have been about the protesters, not the actual changes...

Now, to the OP, there aren't many changes. Are there going to be cases where issues arise? Of course, any new system has bugs, but where you waked through a scanner before that checked for metal you now walk through an "XRay" type of machine that has more detail. And where authorities could pat you down before they didn't have the right to use full palms or touch certain areas that they now do. Overall, it's not huge changes. But people need something to bitch about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Overall, it's not huge changes.

having your crotch groped and your boobs squeezed may not be a big deal to you but they are to people with self respect.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• And YOUNG children are ALSO subjected to enhanced pat sowns--some parents have had to remove their toddler's DIAPER, TSA agents have had to feel their genitals, a young boy had to remove his shirt AND get groped--but hey, it's all in the name of "safety!" *sigh*
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010