any idea on dealing with contractions????

kristazink36

Asked by kristazink36 at 6:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• A nice warm bath should help
    beautiful_life

Answer by beautiful_life at 6:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Such as? What are you asking? I was able to breath through them and use the birth ball to help ease them.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well when I was far enough along in labor, I got an epidural, worked like a dream lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Bath or shower. Stay home as long as you feel you can. Rock in a rocking chair. Have DH rub your back or belly. BREATH. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If your in the hospital...I would focus on something (on a clock, or the pattern on the wall). Bring headphones or a computer. I would always said I will try my best to get thru it without an epidural...but I only got to 4cm with both of my girls:)
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 7:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you're birthing in the hospital, don't let them strap you down. The ability to move throughout your labor is essential for dealing with contractions. If you still have some time until you're due, you can get a program such as Hypnobabies to help deal with contractions. Hire a doula; they are invaluable and are proven to improve outcomes. A shower or bath is good as well, but the hospitals only keep the water tepid which only served to annoy me in labor.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Right now?
    Or in the future?
    Let me know.
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I did lots of walking and rocking. I also liked a warm bath, heat feels good. Good luck!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2010