Some of these questions on here...

I can't believe some of the comments from people about receiving "junk" for Christmas, or not wanting to accept help if they are down on their luck because of not wanting their kids to get cheap "crap". Whatever happened to the Christmas spirit, and it being the thought that counts?? Some people should be very ashamed of themselves....

Does this bother anyone else?

Asked by wenona_mandy at 6:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• Yes, I agree!

Answer by older at 6:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• haven read that topic yet, but yeah some people are ungrateful. Some people dont know what Christmas is really about.

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It does and tahts why I raise my dd with morals and appreciation. Those woman dont know the meaning of giving and generousity

Answer by Steph319 at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It does bother me. I would rather have a cheap gift with love and thought rather than something expensive out of obligation.

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i have not read that topic yet, but yes some people are ungrateful and classless.
    These people do not know the real meaning Christmas ... or life for that matter

Answer by fiatpax at 6:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• LittleBirdFly: I don't mean an exact question. I just read some of the replies and they bother me really bad. I always love to give things to kids who aren't likely to get other things for Christmas, and I would certainly hope people wouldn't think it's cheap garbage.

Comment by wenona_mandy (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Greed has taken over Christmas. Some have forgotten the reason for the season.

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 6:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• missed the question!

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No one forces families to take charity. I say if they don't like it, leave it. BUT, I also try to donate nice things. I don't think just because a child is low income they should get a cheap dollar store piece of crap and do cartwheels over it...when the kids around them have nice things, or popular things. I don't run out and donate a Wii, but I don't go to the dollar store either.

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2010