giving toys away to shelters.

Does anyone else donate toys that their children have outgrown, when it comes close to the holidays, so they can go to Women's Shelters? I like to do this when I know Cody will be receiving new toys, since he is always very easy on toys, and I figure kids who don't have things (sometimes even having to give up a lovie or so on!..) because they had to hurry away from home, will probably love some of his that he doesn't play with anymore.

wenona_mandy

Asked by wenona_mandy at 6:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Holidays

• My kids birthdays are in the summer so right before birthdays and Christmas we do just that and have since they were born. At 3 and 5 years old they now go with me to drop them off and kind of understand why and usually choose some very nice toys to give away because they don't play with them much and want other children to enjoy them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I do a Fall housecleaning, and donate toys, clothes, blankets, etc. to the local shelter. Items they don't accept go to the Salvation Army. My kids enjoy it, it makes them feel like they are helping.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I usually do it right after Christmas. i use to do it before christmas and then people wouldnt get what they said they were so I felt like I got rid of some of his toys that didnt end up getting replaced. I also do it in the spring cause they get more toys with everything going on sale and I tend to keep more since they are inside all winter then again when school starts cause they collect weird random toys at yard sales and a good time to throw away broken toys from the summer playing outside
    BriceAllisonMom

Answer by BriceAllisonMom at 12:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2010