my two yrd stoped taking naps

My two year old son stopped taking nap for me about 4 months ago. He will be 3 in april, now he will lay down and take a nap at daycare but i pulled him out and for the life me will not take a nap, it just this hug fight that ends in him screaming. i know he tired cuz as soon as we get in the truck he passes out any idea on getting him to lay down with out the tv on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Can you have a quiet time with books and maybe sticker books or something quiet? Just an idea...............
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• With my daughter, even if she doesn't want to take a nap either, I still just put her in her room and shut the door. If anything it still is down time with them. It used to take a little more then an hour to go to sleep but she did. It also enabled me to get things done in the house, take a nap myself, or read, what ever u need. It has worked pretty good for me. But I also am a stay at home mom too.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• drive endlessly , try not to stop or change speed of car
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• In the same boat...
    Raindew

Answer by Raindew at 7:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• you could try to turn on a cd or play a naptime game. im not sure tho. My lil ones wont take a nap so i just make bed time a lil earlier or i get them up later
    MrsYost

Answer by MrsYost at 8:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• preperation 10 mins b4 and then 5 mins b4 and then nap time maybe. as well as the same prossess every day when its getting to be that time. and screaming can be ignored as long as its not phisically hurting him. dont give up moma!! its a tough battle, but it wil better his and ur whole day eventually :)
    Caelums_mama

Answer by Caelums_mama at 9:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• my daughter is almost 5 and still takes a 3 hour nap from 1pm-4pm She lays down around 12:30 and gets 30 minutes on her sleep timer then the tv clicks off and normally shes already knocked out. there have been a few times where on the weekend she slept in until 9 or 10 so we do a rest time from 2-3 and she just has to lay in her bed and mellow out for an hour.

Try the sleep timer or reminding him constantly through out the day by saying its almost nap time, 1 hour till nap time, after dora is over its nap time etc...
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 9:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• mine too... he JUST got over that... stick with it momma! sometimes taking a drive helps and hopefully it will pass :(
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010