My friend wants to bring her baby to my baby shower, yes or no?

But wouldnt brining a baby take the day and attintion from my two unborn twin boys?

If you feel the same way I do, how do I tell her no nicely?

shesuss

Asked by shesuss at 7:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations on the twin boys!!! It's so exciting. Never had twins, but even with single pregnancy, I was uncomfortable. I can't imagine what you are going thru. Anyways, are these boys your #1 birth? I completely understand the way you feel. I am sure you already know it is normal to have kids at the baby shower, but you can't help how you feel, correct? Is this friend's baby is the only kid/baby that's going to be at the shower? If the answer is yes, it's easy. You call her up and tell her this is your last chance with just the "girls", meaning adult girls. Does she mind honoring that? If her baby is the only baby but there will be other older kids, then it gets tricky. If this is a good friend, I would call her and come clean, just frame it that you know it's selfish, but you can't help how you feel. Can she give you a free pass this time? It's all in the delivery and sincerity.
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Um I didn't care. I had infants at both my baby shower. It would never have occured to me to be upset by it
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would welcome all kids to my baby shower. It just doesn't seem right to me to ask people to come celebrate my child, but their child is not welcome.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I've never known anyone to ever have a problem with babies at a baby shower. Seems kinda selfish to me as well. I mean they are going to a shower for YOU and to say "Hey come celebrate my babies with me...but yours aren't invited." seems a little wrong.
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 7:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Her baby will not take away from your twins. A lot of women bring babies to B.Showers. It is normal.

I would just tell her you just want it to be adults only.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Does she want to bring the baby because she has no one to watch him/her? Or so she can nurse? Under those circumstances I wouldn't have a problem with it. And I think the mere fact that you are having twins will be the "main event". Good luck with those little boys!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You sound a little self-centered. No your friend's baby isn't going to upstage your shower, Princess. And so what if people want to ooh and aah over the baby a little bit instead of fawning over you while you open the 20th onesie or package of diapers? Is it really THAT big of a deal?
    Anonymous

• Of course she should bring her baby. Are you seriously jealous? She should pay for a sitter rather than bring the baby? I had babies at mine. If someone told me my baby wasn't welcome, I wouldn't go at all.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I understand where you;re coming from but IMO its a little selfish to think that a friends baby is gonna take away from your joy of becoming a new mother. Dont let that bother you. If you love her and she has nothing else to do with her child then let her go. Its about the people that you love and not distractions. And Im telling you that baby wont distract anything. It may make it more fun to have a baby there for a baby shower. lol And if youre worried about attention then wait till those boys get here! Good luck and congratulations!!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Ummm, are you kidding? WHy shouldn't she bring her baby? You might be A little self-centered if you are worried about her baby taking attention away from you....etc. WOw.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010