What to Get a 7 Year Old Boy for Christmas?

I have a 7.5 year old brother and want to surprise him with something he will think is cool. Any moms of 7 year olds know what's "in" with the kids?

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 7:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A DS! That's what my daughter wants
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• nerf guns, club penguin membership, bakugon (action figures), bop it, gift cards
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Go to braintoys.com. they have cool toys for boys and he'll even learn a thing or two. I especially like the plasma car. the kids love riding it through the house and down the driveway. they have great things to build and make that challenge the imagination.
    Mrs.Momma007

Answer by Mrs.Momma007 at 7:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Have him sit down and write Santa a letter with you. He can go through magazines and cut out stuff he likes and glue it to paper. You can put a stamp on it and "mail" it to Santa. It's fun for him to do, and gives everyone a good idea of what he wants.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• it really depends on the kid, but my 10yr old has been OBSESSED with legos these past few years. they make all kinds of very intricate lego sets now and they're $30-$100 or more so you can pick a set that fits your budget however much you want to spend. most of them even have themes like star wars or transformers, so you can cater to that too...my son also loves bakugan but always begs for legos.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 7:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Bey Blades! My kids are obsessed with them now.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 8:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• my son loves to get gift cards to go to the book store
    vmr

Answer by vmr at 10:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010