Military wives...

I feel so bad for my husband right now. He took some kind of test that would determine if he picks up rank. He passed the test but didn't become HM3. This is the second time he took this test and he comes up short. We were talking about it and he told me the ones who passed either slept with people of higher rank or kissed ass. He also said majority of caucasions men passed, 1 female and 1 Afro-American male. My husband is Latino.. I'm not saying it's race or anything but I just don't get it. He studied so hard and passed both times but didn't pick up. I'm not in the military but I just don't know what to do to make him feel better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Your DH must not be in the Army? Cause that is not the way they make rank by taking a test. The only thing I can say is, keep taking the test. He will pass it .

Answer by louise2 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• He's in the navy and I told him that. He's just so bummed about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Race, gender and "kissing ass" have absolutely NOTHING to do with making rank (especially applies with E-6 and below...BTW he was going up for E-3). Your DH is making excuses.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I suppose... He's just gonna study harder
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• AFRICAN AMERICAN
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 8:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010