clean house

Why is it when I work hard all day cleaning nothin is said? When it is dirty he never fails to let me know. Anyone alse have this problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Yep...it always seems like that until I say that I don't really feel appreciated when I wok my butt off getting the house cleaned...he'll tell me he appreciates it for a few days an then goes back to normal.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes. DH thinks Im a slob because I work and take care of the house and dd but its never clean enough. Hes just an idiot IMO lol. I turned the tables on him once and he hasnt said shit since. Try it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• next time he open his mouth throw him a rag to help out it is his job as well as yours it took to mess it will take to clean it
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yes, except my ex would intentionally make a mess when the house was clean so he could watch me clean it (and instruct me on exactly how it was to be done)... Fortunately, my SO knows what it takes to keep the house clean, and he lets me know how much it is appreciated.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well...then the solution is...DON'T CLEAN HOUSE...and when he says something tell him "well...I figure since I only get attention from you about the house when it's not clean...I'll keep it dirty all the time..."
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 7:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well he works all day, do you tell him "thank you". If you don't appreciate what he does don't expect him to appreciate what you do.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• how do you know she doesn't tell him thanks, hobbitswife? Assuming makes an ass out of you...
    let your HB know that you need kudos for the things you do right and not just what you do wrong. I get somewhat of this, though my HB has gotten better about letting me know when he thinks I've done a good job. part of the problem seems to be HB grossly underestimates how much work it takes to keep up a house. If he continues to be unappreciative, maybe you can go on strike!! lol
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• hobbittswife- FYI I work all day to. I babysit three kids to help out with income.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010