Military wives...

I feel so bad for my husband right now. He took some kind of test that would determine if he picks up rank. He passed the test but didn't become HM3. This is the second time he took this test and he comes up short. We were talking about it and he told me the ones who passed either slept with people of higher rank or kissed ass. He also said majority of caucasions men passed, 1 female and 1 Afro-American male. My husband is Latino.. I'm not saying it's race or anything but I just don't get it. He studied so hard and passed both times but didn't pick up. I'm not in the military but I just don't know what to do to make him feel better

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Its a computer test, it has no feeling either way, the sleeping around crap is also highly discouraged in most military units, it can be reported to the first shirt or whatever his shop has...does he have good study habits? Keep encouraging him he only gets so many trys with these test now ....
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 7:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• His test score has nothing to do with race or sexual relations. It's probably that the other candidates have more going for them in other areas, like civillian ed, military ed, time in service, time in rank. Those are just a few of the things that are considered with military promotions.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I had a friend who got station at the pentagon just so he can make rank. He said he was going only to kiss ass. A year later he did get promoted.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• its african american not afro american
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No it is just American. You can say Black man.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• um no my husband marks african american there is no such thing as black man on anything just like they dont have white man or brown man omg like seriously its 2010 and we still dumb ignorant people in this world
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Ok, first off, you can't sleep with someone or kiss butt to get rank in the navy...especially the rank he was trying to pick up. Its a test, and the scores are based on evals, how you did on the test, and how many times you've taken it. Sucking up, and ESPECIALLY race and gender have nothing to do with it. Your DH is making excuses. Tell him to study harder next time and maybe he'll make it. My DH was up for E-6 and missed it. He's a white male and amazing at his job. So I can tell you, your DH is trying to place blame where no blame can be placed. It sucks but it happens. Maybe he'll make it next time.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010