im about to be a step mo, and his ex is making me a target, and is doing everything she can to get me to end relationship

I have become the ex wifes target, everything from boguss protection order, to limiting time kids are around me, her letters to ex are bitter and filled with hate for me, i was not reason for divorce I came much much later, she has turned kids on me and is trying to run my home and what i do here . what can i do to end this nightmare leagally.

scottie45

Asked by scottie45 at 7:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• i do not know what you can do legally
    but sounds exactly like my exes, ex
    she made my life hell
    tried to turn kids against me
    but in where she hasdnothing to say about our house
    it will get better, she will not change, but she will tire of it and she will find another person to make their life hell
    let your husband deal with her
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Been there done that. I would consult an attorney and see what you can do to protect yourself. She sounds very angry and needs to blame someone for her marriage ending. You and your husband need to keep very strong boundaries with her and don't encourage the step kids to go back and forth with tall tales....otherwise you will never have peace. We went through this. She pretty much lied about everything in order to separate my husband from his son., (false allegations about everything). Long story short it turned around and bit her in the you know what. He came to live with us later on when he got older.There is a condition known as Parental Alienation Syndrome. Parents, mostly bitter ex's begin a campaign to destroy the new marriage and family of the ex.... Telling the children lies about the step parent or even the bio parent. Let me ask you, does the ex ever cancel visitation, show up late, start problems on holidays?
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 7:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• He better be wroth it becaues it will be hell! He's kids will come first. I would wait to have kids with this guy.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Thank you all for advice, only time we argue is when she gets under our skin.
    scottie45

Comment by scottie45 (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• be stronge he pick u for a reson
    vmr

Answer by vmr at 10:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I hear you sister. The only thing we argue about is his ex. Wouldn't she just live to know all of her bitter bs is working it's magic? Well don't give her the satisfaction. Try your best to ignore her. Be yourself with the kids and they know that the truth always comes to light.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:22 AM on Nov. 24, 2010