Moms who are remarried, do your kids teacher's have a hard time figuring out your name?

When I email my daughter's teacher, I always make sure to include my first and last name. Always.

The reply is ALWAYS addressed to Mrs. Miller.

guess what my name isn't.

Grrr.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in

• I get that sometimes. But i expected it. My mom got it for all of my years at school. I just gently correct who ever the teacher of the year is.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It happened occasionally, and I understood. The teacher's have 20 to 30 kids to keep straight, and then all of the parents as well, and half of them are divorced, so I figure it just goes with the territory. I do also gently correct, but it's not an issue for me.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I gently correct and sometimes I happens more than once, I don't freak I just remind and if its something official like my tax paper for daycare... I do ask they redo for M not K (and my kids have HYPHENATED last names, so mine is actually there, in fact its the last one) doesn't mater.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It assumption that your child has your name and /or you still have the same name. I do understand that teachers have alot on their plates but I feel when resondiing to an email that clearly states who you are they should read and return the names as is.

karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 8:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• That is pretty rude of the teacher to not notice. A bit presumptive. I bet your exes new wife wouldn't dig it either if she is now Mrs. Miller.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The teacher should notice that. I always make sure to reference my student directory, for I know many families today don't all have the same last name.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I'm a teacher and I had a parent made a comment about her name when I made name tags for the field trip. Her last name is different from her child's, and I wasn't sure if she was a Ms. or Mrs., so I put Ms. with her last name just to be safe and she jokingly said, "Oh I guess I get to be younger since I'm a Ms. and not a Mrs." It is sometimes hard to keep track of last names when the kid and parent's are different but i think it is kind of rude that if you're putting your correct name in the email, the teacher is still using the wrong name when she writes you back.
    Sillieguze

Answer by Sillieguze at 11:28 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• Yes it happens but I figure a teacher has more important things on her mind than my name!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:41 PM on Nov. 30, 2010

• Well it happens that is how she associates you with your child.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010