Asking husband to buy you a new wedding and enganement ring

I recently got married and It turns out my husband was scammed on my wedding and engagement ring. He bought them on ebay, they were supposed to be real diamonds and solid 14ct gold.
We had to rush the wedding because he enlisted in the army. So, he bought them both from the same person and I was wearing them my finger green.

H didn't know the ad listed them at real. We were unable to get a refund, now I have to wear 2 rings that turn my finger green.

I told my husband I wanted real ones to replace these, and he said wait till I get my next pay check, and it feels like he is stalling every time, he had got wedding money from his family, yet still hasn't gotten me new rings. I don't know how to go about asking for them anymore, and I feel like he should just want to replace them.

He also gets annoyed if I take them off, even though I told him I only do because I am tired of my finger being green.

I feel it looks bad too.

I just don't know what to do or say anymore. it makes me sad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• If you don't want to go without a ring, go buy a ring to wear to symbolize your marriage. They're just rings.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Go for sterling silver and CZ like I did until yall can afford real. Are you sure there is room in the budget for real ones, maybe thats why he is stalling.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You can also get a plain gold band for very little money, but I also wouldn't want to wear rings that turned my finger green. Maybe he's worried about money??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Oh I'm SO Sorry. I hope you can get a reasonable pretty one sometime soon. Or he'll surprise you with one! I hoped for a decent one myself. But when our 25 TH Wedding Anniversary came. DH forgot. He said it snuck up on him. I was crushed. So he started a pickle jar savings of coins in it! Then for our 30th Wedding Anniversary. We're ALL jobless. And I'm Battling Triple Negative Breast cancer! No rings or anything We dreamed of. And due to chemo and side effects. I can't even wear my rings I bought myself when we were first married. I hope you get what you need or want. Maybe you can put some clear nail polish on it! I hope. Hope you get what you dream of some day! Good Luck! Most of all I hope you have the never ending Love!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Maybe he knows you can't afford an actual ring right now. I agree with one of the PP's. Why don't you settle for a sterling silver ring right now as they are cheap and pretty, and save up for a new ring.
    Anonymous

• I'm going to be honest, my rings are important to me not because they are "real" but because of what they symbolize and the fact my Dh gave them to me. If they were fake (especially in your situation because it was a mistake) I'd still wear them proudly because HE gave them to me. I think demanding new rings is a little shallow.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wanted to add he probably feels like crap because he got scammed and beating him over the head about getting new rings probably makes him feel even worse. Be gracious, and grateful, and I'd bet it will get you much further.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i lost my rings yrs ago and yes i would love to have other one ,but that's not in cards right now so why not put them on a chain and wear it around your neck that should work
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• it's not wrong to want new rings if the first ones are turning your finer green, as long as you let him know how much the first ones meant to you. If DH had an issue with you wanting new ones, he should've brought that up by now. Hobbitswife is judgemental by labeling you shallow.
    purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010