To tell the truth or not ...

My friend is re-doing her house and asked me to help her with it because she really likes how my house and my brothers house ( I decorated) looks..

I havent been able to go over yet because we live in different towns but she has been sending me pictures.... and it looked really nice because she picked out really nice colored wood floors and nice cabinets and countertops... I could picture how nice it was going to look...

She got a new fireplace and her new living room furniture and decorated and sent me the pictures to see what I thought.... and i do not know what to tell her... it doesnt look right at all... she has her new EXPENSIVE fireplace in the corner and these big huge couches basically in front of it to where you cannot even see the fireplace...

It is an open plan the kitchen overlooks the living room... but it isnt that big, but she has these 3 huge couches and and then 2 tiny tables and then a tiny table for her huge flat screen.... She also has her curtains haning wrong ( to where they look like blankets hanging)

Now I was planning on telling her the furniture is nice ( because she cant return them and I dont see a point in telling her they look bad if she cant get rid of them) ...and she seems so happy and proud that I dont want to ruin it for her... but she asked for my HONEST OPINION....

what would you do ?

2lilbumblebees

Asked by 2lilbumblebees at 7:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Honesty is ALWAYS the best policy! Sooner or later even those "little white lies" come around and bite us in the ass... If she wants your honest opinion, give it...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Odds are she's still excited. I wouldn't burst her bubble by outright telling her a blunt opinion. Instead, if you're going to help decorate, go over and move the furniture so it works better for the room. You can be tactful and still be honest.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010