Nickname for Ramom Manuel

DD's pregnant and has picked the names for boy/girl. I do not like either one. Boy...Ramon Manuel (after him and his dad), and girl...Angelina Perfecta. (Perfecta-after his mom) Means "perfect angel." I told DD that I didn't like the names and that I was going to call them by a nickname. Allie for a girl, and I stuck with a CUTE nickname for Ramon. Help!! btw, they liked the nickname Allie

zachsmom900

Asked by zachsmom900 at 1:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• how about Ramie? or Mannie?
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:25 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• umm, it might hurt their feelings the way you're responding to their name choices!
    Anonymous

• Naah, it isn't going to hurt their feelings. If they didn't agree to it, I wouldn't do it, but they are okay with it. They both thought Allie was cute, just can't come up with something for Ramon or Manuel. I've also thought of "Rico." btw, the baby will be mixed. White and Mexican
    zachsmom900

Answer by zachsmom900 at 1:01 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• How about Ray?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i think you should respect your dd opinion and choice to choose her childs name.
    my dd is named Brieann Saskia - Saskia is my step-mom's middle name and my mom got over it cause its my choice - she had the chance to name her kids and she respects my choice.
    however if you still want to call by nickname i would choose rammy, amos, manny but they might not make it to adulthood since they are more baby-ish. or Lina, Tia for the girl.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• Short for Ramon...Ramo. But of course roll the R. And why not Angel for Angelina
    ymbotello

Answer by ymbotello at 5:53 AM on Jul. 23, 2008

• Guess what? It's their baby, and they get to name it! If you want to keep a good relationship with your daughter and her guy, and ever hope to see the baby, I suggest you learn to like what she names it! I went through this with my own mother 30 years ago!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on Sep. 26, 2008