Will the real thing ruin his imagination?

I want to get my 2 1/2 year old a digital camera for Christmas. But he has an old one that doesn't work and he's always taking pretend pictures of things like dinosaurs and baby ducks.

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• paparazziI think now he'll just be more excited. This will open a more creative door for him. I say go for it.

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes i would get my children one to if I could afford 3 of them:)

Answer by jem102675 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My son had one that didn't work and would take pretend pictures all the time. I bought him a new one that works and he still uses the broken one all the time.

Answer by kmath at 8:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i dont think so, and maybe if the interest lasts u will have a photographer!!

Answer by Caelums_mama at 9:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• thats cool! Get him one of the kid ones, they are fun and not too expensive, what a cool mom :)

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• go for it

Answer by dorispierce at 9:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My two and a half year old wants a camera too. Fisher-Price has a nice one with a double viewfinder and looks like it can withstand drops and falls. You can see it on the FP website if you're interested. I agree with Caelums Mama: you might have a budding photographer on your hands!

Answer by thebruce at 4:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010