Will the real thing ruin his imagination?

I want to get my 2 1/2 year old a digital camera for Christmas. But he has an old one that doesn't work and he's always taking pretend pictures of things like dinosaurs and baby ducks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• paparazziI think now he'll just be more excited. This will open a more creative door for him. I say go for it.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 7:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes i would get my children one to if I could afford 3 of them:)
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My son had one that didn't work and would take pretend pictures all the time. I bought him a new one that works and he still uses the broken one all the time.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i dont think so, and maybe if the interest lasts u will have a photographer!!
    Caelums_mama

Answer by Caelums_mama at 9:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• thats cool! Get him one of the kid ones, they are fun and not too expensive, what a cool mom :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• go for it
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My two and a half year old wants a camera too. Fisher-Price has a nice one with a double viewfinder and looks like it can withstand drops and falls. You can see it on the FP website if you're interested. I agree with Caelums Mama: you might have a budding photographer on your hands!
    thebruce

Answer by thebruce at 4:52 PM on Nov. 24, 2010