How old were you the first time you.....

How old were you when your mom/dad or gramdma/grandpa gave you your first coffee or grown up tea? Is it a rite of passage in your family/culture?

My first tea was with my grandmother. I was probably 5 or so. Since then whenever we see each other we always have tea.

Sarahsdawn

Asked by Sarahsdawn at 7:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Shoot, I can't remember. Maybe 6? I was drinking coffee every morning by the time I turned 14.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We drank tea from little up... Coffee? I dunno... When I wanted it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I grew up on iced tea, and hot tea for when I was sick. Coffee was never an issue because I didn't like it til I was an adult.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i was in high school..one of my teachers took all her student aides out to brunch at a fancy little tea room. i think it was blackberry-something tea. my first coffee was, gosh..probably in my mid-late 20s.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 21 and then I got addicted. Coffee is the best.........Keurig flavored
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I don't remember exactly but early high school
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• HUH?! not sure
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 8:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It was at my Uncle Ben's funeral. He was only 42, my hero. I was about 12, and was allowed to sit up with the adults for the wake. Everyone was sitting around drinking coffee and telling stories, and I was allowed my first dup of coffee. My cousin Teddy made it for me with lots of cream and sugar, and that's the way I drink it today. And when I'm around those relatives, they always ask me if I'm still drinking "Teddy" coffee. And, yes I do.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm 27 and have never had more than a sip of coffee or tea! lol
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

SweetLuci, that is so sweet. Sounds like a very loving family to be a part of.
    Sarahsdawn

Comment by Sarahsdawn (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010