Home alone and i think i just lost my mucus plug. is this it?

im 19 weeks today. ive had really painful braxton hicks. i went to the doctor today, he told me take it easy cause he knows i cant lay in the bed all day and do absulotely nothing. he scared i might go into preterm labor. i wasnt dialated. i just discharged a lot of clear watery mucus like stuff with a lil blood.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It sounds very normal for how far along you are. If you are worried you can always call the doctor. It's way to early to lose your mucus plug.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you had a cervical exam, this could explain the discharge and blood. Are you properly hydrated? Have you been relaxing and laying down?
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wish I could help you with this one. My first instinct is to call your provider and let him know what has happened. As far as the BHctx, drink water, change positions, cal-mag supplements, and just try to relax. The blood is what concerns me the most. Wishing you the best of luck.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Please call your dr. or go to the hospital,it could be pre-term labor.
    ROSA6622

Answer by ROSA6622 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I agree with the first poster. Did you recently have a pelvic exam or maybe rough sex? Your cervix could have been bumped causing the blood and the mucous can happen with bh ctx. The other possibility is that your cervix is dilating (that is what the blood can signify)

My first line of advice would be to call your provider. Then get some calcium/magnesium supplements. I have also heard good things about taking extra vitamin d AFTER your first trimester. Drink a nice big glass of water and lie down on your left side for at least an hour. See if that calms them down any. If it doesn't you would probably want to be seen. I am a little concerned with the blood without any further background information.

FYI though, your mucous plug can come out with contractions months before the baby is born. If the baby hasn't come within a week it just regenerates.
    NinjaMomma

Answer by NinjaMomma at 12:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010