A little confused.

So there is this guy that I really like. I've been to his house for dinner, which he cooked for me. Really good cook, we have some things in common, there is a connection. I've known him about a year.
When I talked to him about where we were gonna go, if we were gonna stay friends or go for the gold so to speak. He said that he wanted to be more, but for the most part he didn't have time, and that he was afraid he would break my heart. I understand that he's working a lot that's not a big deal with me. But I'm really confused on the breaking my heart thing. I may just be I don't know. He said that he wanted to be friends and if it changed he would let me know. I honestly don't know how I can be friends with someone that I like... I don't know if my heart can handle it... What would you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I think this guy is telling you that for now he is just looking for friendship and nothing more, now it is up to you to do whatever you think is right for you.

Answer by older at 8:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• You never know how things are going to work out. I would still try to be friends and just see how it works. I wouldn't just drop him. I've been in this situation before and it's hard, but stick through it and you may be surprised. You may end up together or you may just end up with an amazing friend. Both are still pretty good in my book :)
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 8:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Sounds like he's willing to sleep with you,but don't expect a relationship. Thats the "break your heart" part

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• "He's just not that into you"... Sorry
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• you have to ask which would hurt worse. stay and maybe get disappointed or leave and never know for sure.
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If he's telling you he just wants to be friends, be friends and move on with your life.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• just see wear it goes dont get to close but dont shut down have fun
    jimenez123415

Answer by jimenez123415 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i would not put all my eggs in one basket. date a couple other guys. that dosent mean u have to sleep with all of them but date,see what else is out there. because your friend is clearly not ready for u to be the one;;;;; who knows he might still be dating around too ! maybe that's why he hasn't sealed the deal with u yet. think about it.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010