Questions about homeschooling...

I am thinking about homeschooling my 5 yo DS starting in January. Anyone have any suggestions for good homeschooling websites. I don't even know where to start looking for materials and laws about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kmath

Asked by kmath at 8:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in

• Check out HSLDA.org for your state regulations. Then check out the Happy Homeschoolers group on here. They are full of great info. I also homeschool, and our year starts in January. We go year round though and love it! PM me if you want to talk. :)
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There is a home schooling group on here that might be helpful. Look under the group tab. And you can Google "home schooling" and I believe one of the first links will be a national organization which also should have the state laws. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• This is a great site for homeschoolers, http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/. Scroll down and watch the left side of your screen and you will see the topic Starting to homeschool. This site is chucked full of information, be sure to bring your favorite beverage you will be a while. I also recomend that you look into a local homeschool support group they will be a great help, you can locate one on the site as well.
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 8:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Make sure your state recognizes what you are doing to be "homeschooling." Contact your state Office of Public Instruction for their requirements.
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• To get your state requirements, simply google homeschooling in ___. Every state has different laws. We started last year and I'm so glad we did. I have seen way too much in the public school system to feel safe sending my kids there now.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010