Everyone always talks about all they do for their "hardworking husband"

but what about what he should do for his "hardworking wife" whether you are a SAHM or a work away from home mom or a WAHM, you work just as hard, if not harder than he does.

What does anyone do special just for you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• rubs my feet every night, lets me sleep in every weekend, and helps with all housework on the weekends!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think that providing for the family is what they do for us....plus he can give it to me pretty darn good ;D
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• do u throw that in his face often? if u do then hes not gonna want to do anything for you....not trying to be bitchy
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 8:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My honey lets me sleep in on weekends while he gets up with the kids and frequently gives me back massages without expecting anything in return. There are alot of things he does for me.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 8:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• But as a working mom, I provide for the family if not as much or more than he does.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• no, I barely even mention it..it is a non issue (the amount of money) I was just saying everyone always talks about how hard their husband works, no one ever says how hard they work. and what things they get done.

My husband does a lot around the house and stuff, b/c if he didn't the whole house would never get cleaned, I can't do everything and he understands. I was just wondering about special things.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My hubby works lots of overtime so that I dont have to pick up a job on the hours hes home.. so i get to spend EVERY second with my children raising them!! To me, that is a GREAT thing he does for me/us!..but on that note.. it also do a LOT.. money isnt everything in life.. yes you need it to live........but you need LOVE to TRUELY live, so i totally get your point!! My husband plays w/ the kids and does things w/ them a LOT and lets me rest a lot.. so im pretty lucky.. just as lucky as he is!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 8:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My husband is the sole supporter of our family. I do some things on the side, but it really does not bring in a lot (web design and I am writing a book) so if it were not for his working as hard as he does I would not only have to do stuff around the house, teach the kids and work (I guess evenings or graveyards somewhere) outside the home as well. I feel like he does amazing things for me everyday because I can stay home with our kids and educate them in a safe, loving environment. I don't see why so many people seem to think it is the husband's responsibility to earn a living and take care of things in the home.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• He does let me sleep in on his days off and usually keeps the baby in the living room with him (we've been sleeping in separate rooms because of bed and snoring issues). But that's about it. I do everything else around here. All he does is put in his 40 hours a week at work and then he thinks his job is done.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• DH makes me coffee nearly every morning and brings me a fresh cup in bed so that I can wake peacefully. He still (after 11 years) brings me flowers once in a while. He clearly sees housework as partly his responsibility and readily helps with dishes, laundry, parenting and other household chores. Since we both have careers, his participation in the home is essential - and I think he sees that. He has made it a priority that Sunday is family day and we get at least two "date nights" a month. Although things aren't perfect, it's not unusual for me to hear how he appreciates what I do for the family and how proud he is of how well my career is progressing.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2010