to wake or not to wake....

im sure all of you Moms have been there....baby falls asleep in the car on the way home and its bedtime anyways so do you just go ahead and put them down for the night or do you wake them to change their clothes, do the night time routine etc and then put them to bed like normal?????? whats your opinion? wake or dont wake? FYI my DD is 4 1/2 mos

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If it's bedtime don't wake them...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If D is asleep I just put him to bed. I take off his shoes and any extra, bulky clothes and worry about changing him in the morning. I have been doing that since he was little. With him, if he wakes up he thinks he has napped and wants to be up for the next 3 hours and it is really hard to get him back down. It is just easier to get him to bed without waking him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It depends on how deeply asleep dd is, if she's out enough to change her into pj's I will. We aren't usually out past her bedtime, though, so this isn't an issue we encounter much.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i did not wake, unless they had really soiled themselves (nasty diaper, vomited, etc) and had to have a bath - i am a stickler for kids being clean when they go to bed.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2010