ok ladies?

why do people drag there kids out at 3am for black friday shopping! Seriously get a SITTER! I don't get it. Kids under 13 should stay home for safety reasons too! No need to be out, just to busy. I am talking the early shoppers, if your going out at like 10am or so that is fine but just to heck for little ones.
What brings this up is last year, while I was waiting in the freezing cold at 3:30am there were a few little babies, and maybe 2 yr olds outside standing in sweatshirts with just socks on, really?! Please explain to me why, if your one of these people?.
If you agree please bump this question.

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• it is ridiculous! i have no reason to not believe people do it..parents do almost everything these days..for what..a few dollars?? i've never done 'black friday', never will, because i don't want to subject myself to the crazies that are out. same reason i'd never subject my child, too.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• actually, dh and i will be going out at a normal time that day, to hopefully get some things. not looking for a bargain, though. we're not shopping for major gifts..i'm just taking advantage of the fact we'll be backhome, and my mom can sit with our ds while we get out together. it'll be the only time dh has to shop with me..i always do the entire 'list' alone. i'm forcing him to do his mom's gift. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• last year my in laws had our kids overnight, we put them to bed at their normal time at their house, got them to sleep, came home, went to bed ourselves for a few hours, and got up at 2 to go shopping. there is no way i would every take any of my kids out in that. we do not do the whole waiting in front of stores at 3 am, we go places that are open 24/7.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I do shop black friday. but I didn't start until 4 yrs ago. The reason was I was a single mom, no sitter and I refused to drag my kids out. Now I go every year with the hubby, my mom babysits :). If no sitter, he would go alone, or I would go alone.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• *I go for the thrill of it, and it is like a date for hubby and I. Only time we can go shopping together alone!!! We really don't buy much to save that much money. It is the bigger things you save on, we get smaller stuff.
    r00j04j08

Comment by r00j04j08 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010