How do you stop an 8 moth old from biting people?

MY 8 month old has four teeth and has deciede to break them in on my husband and myself.tried giving him more appropriate things to chew but no dice.

chicmom85

Asked by chicmom85 at 8:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 7 month old with 6 teeth and he loves to bite...my aunt told me to flick his mouth lightly and tell him NO...or just give him one of those water filled teething rings...both have been really helpful for us!
    thutch21

Answer by thutch21 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• When I was little I used to bite, my Mom said she bit me back and I never did it again.
    isabellem

Answer by isabellem at 8:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• We do the biting back thing. But at such a young age I would struggle with the because I think they are really to little to know what they are doing. I would just redirect them to chewing on something else.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would be stearn with her about that, you dont want her biting another baby too hard. =) GL
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 2:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010