bedtime blues

My 10mth old DD i think is forming a bad habit or hopefully its just a phase but, she refuses to sleep in her bed. she will wake several times during the night and as long as i am holding her (standing up only) she will fuss and fuss, she falls back to sleep and as soon as i lay her down she cries immediately. Have any moms put there babies to bed and let them cry themselves to sleep? I've tried but always go in to get her. How do i get her to go to bed and just fall asleep on her own as she used to?

blrusso

Asked by blrusso at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did with my oldest he nursed until 13 months so thats how he was going to sleep but once he was weaned I got him to bed on his own..we had a routine first bath,cuddle,story,tuck..first night it was hard and took 30 mins but I would wait 5 mins go in kiss him and walk back out..did it until he was asleep,next night 10 mins same thing,next 15 mins and usually was asleep when I check on him:) its hard at first but its important for them to do..make sure theres no milestone right now or teething that could be causing it as well..good luck!!!
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• how long do u wait after she falls asleep before u lay her down? if we rock my dd we have to keep doing it for about 10-15 after she falls asleep before we put her in the crib or she will wake back up! good luck i hope its a phase too! and no i dont do cry it out! its just mean! i dont mind getting up with her! my dd gets up 2-3 times during the night!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 8:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Once my daughter could hold her own bottle, I put her in her crib and let her fall asleep on her own. Of course, leave the door open to make sure she doesn't choke or anything and check on her, but this worked for me and she's 14 months now and still falls asleep on her own and sleeps all night!!
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 12:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2010