Pregnant and need headache relief ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 25 weeks preggo and can't stand these headaches. TYLENOL DOES NOT WORK...trust me it doesnt. I have tried excedrin(the kind w/o aspirin and it doesnt work either). I am calling my dr tomorrow for a prescription headache med but any of u mamas out there have suggestions(meds, relief, ANYTHING)??????????Plz help me.

ProudMama4ever

Asked by ProudMama4ever at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• oh I take imitrex when I am not pregnant so headaches are not new to me. I get migraines that start as tension headaches all the time. I even throw up:(:(
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I had permission to take advil when I was pregnant.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My headaches were because I wasn't drinking enough water. Try for 2 liters per day. I'm literally peeing every 5 minutes, but the headaches are gone... Good Luck!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 8:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Advil is actually a no-no. It's Ibuprofin, which is contraindicted in pregnancy. I wish I could offer you some help. When I was pregnant with my son I was prescribed tylenol w/ codine. It helped with the pain, but my migraines are sinus-induced. Without relieving the pressure in my sinuses, the pain would always come back. I've been fighting a headache for about a week now. I know that if you steep peppermint tea for about 45 minutes to an hour and then slowly sip it, it's good for headaches. You can also get some peppermint essential oil and rub it on your temples in a clockwise motion to help relieve headaches. Those don't work for me because of my sinuses, so I end up throwing up until my sinuses drain and the pain can go away. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water; dehydration can cause headaches as well.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Try drinking more water, staying out of the bright light and having someone massage the bottom of your feet, i read it in a magazine rubbing certain spots on the bottom of your feet relieves headaches.
    RhiannaSanchez

Answer by RhiannaSanchez at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Rhianna, I wouldn't trust someone touching my feet when I was pregnant unless they were trained in accupressure. There are also pressure points in your feet that will trigger labor which is why is recommended that you do not get a pedicure while pregnant.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 9:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• bump
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i agree with drinking more water, like 2-3 liters a day.
    have you tried coffee?
    have you tried a chiropractor?
    do you know why you get headaches? is it stress, have you tried yoga?
    is it certain foods?
    for my first pregnancy, sometimes i would lie on my bed with the room very dark and quiet.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I do drink a ton of water, caffiene usually helps with regular headaches when they first start. I get migraines and they start as tension headaches....my sister is a massage therapist and I really have to start getting massages bc I think it will help but I just 2 daughters and no time lol. If I dont catch the headache as it just starts then it always turns into a migraine and nothing (meds, sleep, ice) will touch it.......except imitrex..but Im preggo so I cant take that. it sucks and march cant come soon enough lol.
    ProudMama4ever

Comment by ProudMama4ever (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010