Any tips on a clingy toddler?

My son will be two in less than a month, and he will not leave my side. He has never been a super cuddly child, but for the last few weeks, he seems to constantly be holding on to me. I'm a single, working mom going to school. It's hard to have him clinging to me at all times. Any tips?

smltwngrl22

Asked by smltwngrl22 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes, enjoy this worshiping phase for it will end before you know it.

Answer by older at 8:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i just tell my lil one,,eeeww look at that,and i point to a toy or something..or tell her to wait
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• 2 is a hard age fopr both moms and littles... maybe hes going thru a phase. dont put to much into it, otherwise it will tend to stay for longer. feeding into unwanted behaviors never seems to help. play dates where he is forced to see other kids behaving in different mannors. then maybe he will live a little, so can u :)
    Caelums_mama

Answer by Caelums_mama at 9:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• soothe any fears, be gentle and love on him! This will pass, he just needs some loving :)
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• it stop after they get older
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010