B.C. and pregant?

How common is it and is it really possible to get pregnant while on BC pills?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• I don't know how common it is, but I do know you can get pregnant while on BC pills because it happened to a friend of mine - twice - and she was taking different pills each time. Another friend of mine got pregnant while on BC, but she had also taken antibiotics while on them & that can interfere with the BC pills, so that time was her own fault.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It isn't very common but it can definitely happen. My son was concieved while I was on BC.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It has happened to a few friends of mine. They all admit to taking their pill off schedule though. They didn't miss a day, but it was later in the day than they normally take it. That does make a difference. And even if you're 100%, it still fails 1-2 women out of every 100.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 8:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Very possible... my niece is proof of it.... and all of my step sisters, most of my nephews... etc.
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010