What can I give to my dog who keeps throwing up?

My Saint Bernard only eats dog food. But for the last three days she's been throwing up her food. Anything I can give her? Also anything I can give her for her swollen knees?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 8:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Pets

• you can give dogs pepto bismol and plain yogurt for stomach upset but the first thing you should do is get her to the vet...if she throws up for one day its one thing but for 3 days thats not good...she may need to have some IV fluids and you need to know whats wrong, second, buy a new bag of food...dog food does go bad and it could be the culprit.....but talk to the vet!!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 8:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wouldn't give her anything for the vomiting, but I agree if it is more than 24 hours you need to get her to the vet.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Glucosamine for the knees
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't know about the knees but I give my dogs Pepto Bismol when they throw up

Answer by older at 8:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• ll growing up our cats too..for her knees,mabe a hot compress and baby asprin
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Cottage cheese really helps sooth a dogs stomach
    chicmom85

Answer by chicmom85 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My dog loves plain yogurt and it is easy on their tummy
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would check with the vet to be on the safe side........and switch the dog food.

Maybe she ate something she shouldn't have eaten. Poor thing, I'd hate for her to be dehydrated from getting sick.

Good luck! I pray all goes well for her. But please check with a vet.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I say a trip to the vet is in order. Vomiting repeatedly is never a good sign. Take him in!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:02 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• She's been throwing up for THREE days and you haven't taken her to the vet! Why??? It could be the food or she could have eaten something poisonous or toxic. She could have an obstruction. Anything... Please take her to the vet.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 11:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010