What can I include with a journal to make it more special?

My 7 year old nephew has been through a lot and I want him to have a journal he can feel safe writing in. But I feel lame giving him just a journal.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I bought a journal for my daughter a few years ago and wrote a note to her on the first page. Maybe you could write one of your "private" memories of the two of you, expressing your feelings and how you treasure your own journal to hold all your dreams & screams.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 9:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• a bible verse on each page so whenever he turns to start a new page he will always know that he is not alone cause JESUS an his aunt love him so much that she took the time to write a special bible verse on each page.........also a lil brief summary of his journey from womb to world thru your eyes to let him know how specail his birth was to u...m/b add a few special stickers or baseball cards to the first few pages..something that will let him know how special his arrival was to the whole family..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 10:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• A nice pen or pencil set and a letter from you.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think MomIWant had a good idea. That seems as if it would be a great idea.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 7:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• matching writing tool... maybe a lock box to keep it in if he has siblings
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2010