Opk's!! Any one know if they are crap?!

Ok. So i bought the ovulation predictor tests and took 1 on the 30th ( my expected ovulation was 6th of November) and i had a kinda dark line. Well, i took 1 the 1st it was lighter. Then another on the 2nd and there was only 1 line. Then again on the 3rd and once again 1 line. Well, took one today on the 4th and there was a damn line again. Any suggestions on what is goin on?

AustynsMomma07

Asked by AustynsMomma07 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• I always found them difficult to interpret, so I left them alone. I also had really crazy cycles too so it made them harder to use.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 9:03 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• They read your LH levels, which can vary up and down even when you're not ovulating. When you ARE ovulating, the test line will be noticeably darker than the control line. I made the mistake of thinking a line almost as dark as the control line meant I was ovulating...nope...didn't ovulate until a week later!
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 9:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• The thing is, you ALWAYS have LH in your system and it can vary, so it's normal to get lines and then no lines, etc. You must consider them all as negatives until you get the result with the test line as dark as or darker than the control, which means your experiencing your LH surge. This will happen about 24 hours before ovulation actually occurs.
    They say it is best to test around 2-6pm. They work and no they are not crap, but they can be hard to interpret.
    MrsP777

Answer by MrsP777 at 8:53 PM on Nov. 5, 2008