What do you do when you child comes to your bed in the middle of the night?

Our 4 yr old tends to try to come to our bed at least once a week and sleep with us. We try to have the kids stay in there own beds, plus she is cranky when ever I let her sleep with us the entire next day due to not getting a good nights sleep. I usually walk her back up to her bed tuck her in kiss her and walk out quietly.

jem102675

Asked by jem102675 at 8:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• jem, trust me when I say this, there is no harm in this in the long run, only warm memories.

Answer by older at 9:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Oh how I miss those nights when they came in my bed and just cuddle!!! I use to enjoy every moment for I knew too well that those days would be soon gone.

Answer by older at 9:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• move over so he has room.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I hug them, make sure everything is okay and send them back to their bed. No one can sleep when they are in the bed with us.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I do not like to be touched when I sleep, so my kids have about an hour to cuddle then back to their own bed. Last night my 11 year old woke up from a bad dream and climbed in our bed, it has probably happened 5 times in his whole life, he is just not a kid that gets scared. He climbed in my bed, I cuddled him and fell back asleep, about an hour later I woke up and sent him back to his own bed. About an hour ofter that our 2 year old peed his bed, so he came into our bed and slept near daddy.

I can't stand being touched while sleeping...My poor kids!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Move over... My 3yo comes in to my bed nearly every night... He knows where his spot is...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I would love to cuddel her every night she comes to bed but I know it is not in the best interest for her! And our selves!
    jem102675

Comment by jem102675 (original poster) at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• My sd is 12 and she still tries to get in bed with us after a nightmare but her tossing and turning is a nightmare for us so daddy tells her to be a big girl and remember it's just a dream. Sweet thing...
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• depends which kid it is. all of them will go to daddy's side first, and if it is the youngest, he usually wants to be rocked, then put back to bed. if it is any of the rest, there is usually something going on, if he needs me to help him take care of it/them he will wake me up, otherwise he gets them back to bed.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Make room, but he's sneaky and I don't always notice -- I just wake up to him in bed lol
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010