too young to be a grandma

my girlfriend just turned 30 last month..an found out she gonna b a grandma in 4 mons..i she is shopping proudly tho i havent said it to her..i think 30 is too young to b a grandmother..no i havent said anything to her cause its none of my buisness but i am entitled to my own opinion thats y im on here with u ladies..
do u feel that 30 is entirely too young to b a grandma?

for those who may say that im being nosy,rude,whatever..we have been close for 16yrs..i would never do anything to hurt or rain on her parade..i support her in anything she does..thats y im on here asking u guys instead of saying it to her..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is young but this way she will be able to enjoy them longer.

Answer by older at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes wow. how old is her kid? and how old was she when she had her kid?
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I do think it is, but that is her situation so she is probably just making the best of it. I am a step grandma at 33, to a 4 year old boy. (My kids are 3 and 5) and I am not ready to be called grandma at all.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I'm nearly 34 and I can't imagine being a grandma! How old is her daughter/son?
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• whether it is or not, looks like its happening & she's embracing it!! id be happy for her, it is what it is!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 9:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Apparently it's not too young because it is her reality!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• he is 17..she had him @ 13yrs so i think she should b the 1st person upset that he became a teen dad himself..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• What is she supposed to do? Tell her child to get rid of the baby because her friends think she is too young to be a grandmother. With foster care you can adopt a child that is 10 years younger than you. 30 y/o mother 20 y/o "child" makes a 30 y/o grandmother. If she is happy then be happy for her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• He is nearly an adult. He might turn out to be a great dad.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• No, of course it's not "too young" there is no such thing... We each get to live our life our own way, what's "too young" in one person's eyes is "about time" in another... I can't imagine being a grandmother at 30, but one of my best friends was 33 when she had her 7th child and her first grandbaby within 8 weeks of each other... And she couldn't be happier... I couldn't imaging having a child at 30 either... To each their own.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010