My baby GIRL just peed on me

My 4 month old daughter has started peeing with almost every diaper change. The problem is that she pees straight out just like a boy. She has peed on me, her dad, and herself regularly. I always thought that girls didn't have this issue. Is this normal? Anyone else have this happen? The worst part is that since she is a girl, you never know what direction the pee is going to come shooting out of her little vulva, so it's hard to even be ready.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have all been baptized!!!!

Answer by older at 9:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• im not sure so i gave you a bump
    meagan678

Answer by meagan678 at 9:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yep it is quite normal. We have three girls and they have each done that. I think that it is the air or change of temperature when taking the diaper off. I will take those over them pooping all over everything when I am changing them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Lol. Didn't you know girls can do it the same as boys?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I always covered my baby boys with a cloth diaper when changing them, maybe you need to do this with your little one. Just lay a small cloth or diaper over the area.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• haha....i was surprised too....i always open my daughters diaper but dont remove it yet and then get wipes ready, butt paste, open the clean diaper...play with her....etc....to give her some time for the air to hit her and make sure we have a break in the pee stream....its very normal : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yes, we were surprised too. Girls can get you just like a boy!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yep, all of my girls did it too, one even pooped on me many times - her poop shot straight out at me in the middle of a change. perfectly normal.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 9:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• oh, this is such a cute post!
    first time i bathed my daughter outside the hospital she pooped on me, it came flying out like mustard
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Yep, perfectly normal. I did it to my daddy and my girls and boys all did it to me. I think it's kinda like when you go outside in the cold and it makes you need to pee. The inside of a diaper is warm and usually damp. When you open it up to change them, ththey are exposed to the cooler tempurature and it triggers the pee factor. LOL. JMO
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2010