how do i soothe my 2month old son?

my son is a verry happy baby he smiles alot but smetimes he cries alot hes not hungry he doesnt have a dirty diaper and hes not colicky i try to hold him n talk to him but it desnt work well

jayjaynmommy

Asked by jayjaynmommy at 9:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He sounds like he is colicky, all you can do is rock him and hold him and maybe even wrap him up like a burrito like they did in the hospital, this makes them feel secure.

Answer by older at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• sometimes its too quiet for a baby, running the vacuum or dryer may help.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 9:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• One of the things that works the most is to tight wrap baby like at the hospital. Some babies really like that. My youngest now almost 9 yrs old STILL loves to be tight wrapped and cuddled.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• google" The happiest baby on the block" It works for a lot of parents. My husband swears by it too!! :) Good luck!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Try a warm bath with night time baby bath. Sometimes they just cry to be crying, so just lay him in his crib, shut the door and relax a few minutes and go get him. Babies can sense if you are frustrated.
    BShip2010

Answer by BShip2010 at 12:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My son, who is also two months go figure, really likes his swing when he starts getting that way. It hink it's the rocking motion combined with teh lights and sounds. Sometimes he also likes his rocker chair for the vibration, which his bassinet also has, but he seems to not like lying flat so much.
    Ryker has had a few of those knida of days where nothing soothes him. I tried to whole rocking, singing, interacting. Tried the swing, the vibrating and finally I had to go sit on the porch and calm down for a few mintues which didn't help him, but it sure helped me! And right after that of course it was time to get get the big sis and catch the bus to run a few errands and once he got in his carrier and snuggled agianst me with his bink, he stopped crying and fell asleep 10 minutres later. Frustrating for sure, but that's another thing to try. Just go hands free and see if the proximity and change of position help.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 6:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Could he just be tired and ready for a nap? Go through your usual bed time routine and put him down for a nap. I remember my two not being able to be awake much more than two hours at that age and then it was nap time.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010