Emergency room visits down

I saw a news report that said emergency room visits are down 50% for children 2 and under since they took cold medicine off the market for this age group.
The article said that parents were over using the medicine and causing distress and ultimately ER visits.
This is very alarming.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Health

• I like the little remedies brand of cold meds... they are natural and effective. I don't like to give medicine to my kids unless they really need it though...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Do you have a link? I would have to see that to believe it. I just can't imagine those numbers being so high. I am not into giving my children medicine for every ache, pain and little sniffle but when they are seriously sick I wish I could make them feel a little bit better.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• It was on TV news.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 9:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Geez......I hate that they took it off the market. I know there are home remedies, but really they don't seem to work for my L/O. I don't over medicate or even medicate often, but I mean come on.
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2010