How many parents have16 yr olds dating that whether you condone it or not believe they are sexually active?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter is 15 and she is sexually active. I don't condone it however now I'm accepting of it and she's in a monogomous relationship. Once kids start having sex there isn't alot you can do to stop them, you just want them to be safe
    HippyMomma39

Answer by HippyMomma39 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I agree with Hippymomma. My daughter had a boyfriend when she was 16, told me they planned to have sex. I cried and told her I wish she would wait, and that she only gets one "first time", so to make it special, and something she would never regret. I tried to talk her out of it, but I knew there was nothing I could do. She had her mind made up. I did tell her that I respected her for coming to me and telling me. I told her very firmly to use birth control always, no matter what..every time.. I believe that she is a smart girl, and although I wish she had waited, I understood her. I don't especially like it, but i understand. I don't let her do it when I am around, but I know that kids find ways and places, so that part is up to her..not in my house.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 1:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Hey i just want to give kudos to the moms that have answered. It was easy for me to talk to my mother as well and with someone being understanding i felt respected more. I also knew where she was coming from as well. Im glad you both took that approach.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:55 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• When my oldest was 17 he came in an told me he had lost his virginity. I wasn't crazy about it but I was glad he could talk to me. We had the safe sex always talk that we'd had many times. When he was 19 his then gf now exwife got pregnant and I am raising their children.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• i would be upset but once teens start to have sex its hard for them to stop having sex.
    ashmomoftwins

Answer by ashmomoftwins at 2:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2009