A kid who doesn't listen? lol

I need help with my 21 month old. He doesn't like to listen to anything or ANYONE.... And he always tells me no... What do I do?

MrsBaldwin

Asked by MrsBaldwin at 9:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's little. Pick him up and make him do what you want. Don't argue with him

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• well, it's hard to take care of a kids like that. if you have to go to the supermarket to get somethings,an i'm sure that he likes outing right?? so you could just tell him that you're going out and if he does not listen you are not bringing him along with you. somehow kid would listen.
    Felicia D.

Answer by Felicia D. at 10:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Call super nanny!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Oh I was gonna ask that question on my 2 yr old. I think I will just stock up on valium or something intil they are 18.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• time out chair! worked for me... now when i say "do you need a time out" he backs down right away and does what i ask :) It is AH MAZ ING! Try it, i hope it works for you! Also, check out super nanny's rules for time out, it takes a bit of work, but it does pay off!
    sarlove01

Answer by sarlove01 at 2:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have the SAME problem with my 2 year old. She doesn't say no all the time, she just DOES.NOT.LISTEN. No matter HOW much I tell her not to do something, she does it anyway, and if I ask her to do stuff like put things away, she just outright ignores me. It is REALLY frustrating. I count to 3, if she still doesn't listen, I smack her bum and put her in time out. The time out bothers her more, so sometimes just threatening time out works.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• For some reason the time out thing doesnt really work and only 1/4 of the time the counting works... Other than that NOTHING
    MrsBaldwin

Comment by MrsBaldwin (original poster) at 7:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• ask the doc test him for adhd
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I should because his dad has adhd and mentioned that he might have it too
    MrsBaldwin

Comment by MrsBaldwin (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Testing a toddler for ADHD?!? Oh no! Don't get sucked in on the labeling thing. I do hope that the child's doctor would know better anyway. The child's brain is still devoloping, don't screw it up by getting them on the meds they require to "fix" them. . Just like u can't say a toddler is bipolar either. Besides, every toddler I know is hyper anyway, and their attention span might last for a few minutes and see something else and get intrested in that. Rememember, they are seeing everything for the first time, try see their world thru their eyes, u might be amazed. Besides my daughter's doc told me, as well as my OB, that most mental illness or disorders come from the mom anyway, and medical conditions like diabetes comes from the dad. The experts don't why that is, but in studies it has shown almost 85% of the mental disorders a child might get is from mom and her side of the family, which sucks cause I am bipolar #2.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:12 AM on Nov. 24, 2010