Does anyone use the laundry soap made specifically for dark clothes? Does it work?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 9:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• The uniforms my son and his wife wear are very dark. They begin to fade quickly. When they bought new uniforms a few months ago they bought some of the detergent for darks for that reason. It's made a pretty huge difference. Usually they were replacing trousers after 3-4 months because the seams start to turn whitish and the is 'unservicable' according to the Fire Chief. So I would say, yes, it's worth it if what you are washing is at least 50% natural fibers.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Honestly i have used it and it does work better than regular detergent however after a while it does fade because anything dark than wet wil bleed its color out but it does help keep colors dark for awhile
    mah-me-2-b

Answer by mah-me-2-b at 9:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I use it and I do notice a difference. I also wash darks on cold and hang dry them
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I haven't used it, but persoanlly I think a cold wash for darks works the best!
    crazy4u49033

Answer by crazy4u49033 at 9:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2010