Question about 9 yr old playing SIMS

I have never played or attempted to play SIMS. SD(9) wants a SIMS game for her PS2 for xmas. I am not so sure about it. Her mom lets her play it at her house, but this game will stay at mine. So is it age appropriate? Why or why not?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• my 10 yo son has played sims for about 2 yrs. He's just not allowed to "make out," "woo-hoo" or "make a baby", although it doesn't show anything except the bed bouncing and fireworks.

There are MySims games, but I think they're too childish for his age group, more for 5-7yrs.

Check your library. Some libraries have in-house PS2 systems for kids to use while at the library, but you can check the games out for 1-2 weeks. Then you could take it for a test run before you decide to purchase.

But if her mom lets her play, it's probably fine. I would talk to her mother and ask if there's any restrictions on her playing sims.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 3:06 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• i found sims to be pretty ok... other than being highly addictive!! lol!! the only questionable part i found on sims 2 was the make a baby part. but they dont show more than the ppl jumping in bed, and the covers moving around... it depends on the maturity level of the child i suppose...
    Caelums_mama

Answer by Caelums_mama at 9:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I haven't played it in a long long time...like 7 years.

I think it's probably okay. I can't remember anything in it that would be harmful.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I love sims! I played when I was her age. Of course, the early sims were alot different. I agree with Caelumsmama about the making a baby part though.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What the heck is SIMS?????
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i dont know what this game is
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 1:32 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Yes my step son who is 9 has it and its really cool...
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:58 AM on Nov. 25, 2010

• I love the sims! I own the sims 2 collection and i own the sims 3 collection so far enless they make another one. My 12 and 11 and 10 yr old play it. Guess who else plays it! Yes DH!!! I think he's addictied to it. LOL You can research it www.sims3.com. I give it 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    suelo74

Answer by suelo74 at 10:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2010