Does anyone else wonder....

With the election SO close (but probably going to Obama) and such animosity how does Obama plan to bring everyone together? He seems to be a very polarizing figure. He has never crossed the aisle to the other side and voted against his party. I think if he wins (or McCain, who I voted for but don't think is gonna win) we are in for the same o same o BS only the Dems will get THIER stuff in b/c they have majority of it all. And I get that's great for the dems....but how does that bring anyone together? How will he do it?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that by having these SEPERATE parties things wont bring ppl together.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 9:26 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• He won't bring them together and he won't care to. what he will care about is only getting what he wants done and not what the majority of the people of this country want done.
    Anonymous

• But that's the problem. I will openly admit to be a McCain girl but OMG I am so tired of the sh*t in washington. I want FAIR stuff to be accomplished. That means no one gets everything they want. If the Dems just push through THIER stuff that's no better than if the Repubs do it!!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• He will not need to bring everyone together. With the house and the senate dominated by democrats, he will get what he wants.
    Anonymous

• He's one of the only politician that I've seen to ask us to be responsible for our actions. Turn off the TV, spend time with your children. That is on his agenda to get us all on the same page. The fact is, we are the ones that have to turn it around. We have to start treating people with dignity, no matter who they voted for. Turn your question around, how would McCain do it?
    amyofthejungle

Answer by amyofthejungle at 9:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If you notice I PUT mccains name in there TOO but I am watching the returns and i looks like Obama is going to win.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• he's not as liberal as you think, or as liberal as the mccain campaign would have you believe:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/687/

he has had some success reaching across the aisle:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/654/

heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:55 PM on Nov. 4, 2008