SAFE WORD

do any of u still do safewords..just wondering..i have been trying to teach my kids are safeword just in case someone walks up to them an just says i sent them to get them from anywhere..

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 9:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't with my kids, but I taught them that a stranger is someone that they don't know what their car looks like, what their house looks like (color, etc) or how many kids they have. This was a lot easier for my kids to remember and way more effective!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i never though bout it like that..will have to try it cause teaching them a safeword its tough cause they keep telling everyone the word..
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 9:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yep - we use the secret password for everyone except mommy and granny - everyone else must have the code family friends, extended family. They are never ever to let anyone else in the house or leave with them. only mommy and kids have secret code. Overkill maybe but they will be alive and unhurt and I will pay for therapy later. Statistics show most abusers are known to the child.

mrsljamieson

Answer by mrsljamieson at 10:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• we do
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• yes, we do. We started it when she was a wee one and review often. Don't expect a child to know your password/safeword one time and one time only. I did find she has always remembered it but just 'what if she didn't' it would only take one time of not remembering to make a BAD difference.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 3:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• YES! The military schoo district insists on it, they wont release the child unless the adult ( other than parent) knows te word too! And even if I call and verify the person, they still wont without the word! SMART
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010