Lots of temptations around already...

I am trying to pay attention to my body. My husband already got chocolate, pannitone, crumb cake, plus more bad stuff. I have done my best to eat one piece of the pannitone. I would say that in the past I would keep eating and eating and eating it.
So how are you doing? Do you have any plans to make it through the holiday eating season with out blowing the whole eating right thing?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i have one or two cheat days a week usually. i try to keep it to one but sometimes that doesnt happen. my cheat this week will be thanksgiving.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I wish you the best. and I hear ya. I have been at a stand still the last couple of weeks, because I am letting things slide, this is such a hard time of the year. I too am becoming more aware of what I am putting in my mouth and eating small portions/quantities. My plans are to stay focused and be aware of what I'm putting into my body. GL.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I can't do cheat days. I am all or nothing. I've tried cheat days and I over ate on everything.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 10:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• I started a low-carb diet 2 days before Halloween. Surprisingly, it has been easy. I make sure I keep at least one type of low-carb baked good around for my sweet tooth and I'm able to avoid all the other sugary treats. I do plan to eat what I want on Turkey Day but otherwise I'm sticking to plan.
    Don't forget the daily exercise. That has really helped me sculpt my tummy and feel good every day.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• i plan to drink water so i am not drinking my calories away... small portions of starchy foods... and more veggies and a small piece of cake thats my plan
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 10:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Nope, I dont' worry about it. It's the holidays and i'm all about gluttony during the holidays, but I also work out.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• The more you deprive yourself, the more you'll eat at the back-end. My suggestion is make sure you eat well during the regular meals, get a good portion of lean protein in ...(i.e. 2 eggs in the morning, a good size chicken breast for lunch, and a good size of meat for dinner), add in vegis/rice/carbs as sides. For me, vegetables just don't fill me up. I need meat. I try to stick with the "good sweets" like dark chocolates and I don't deprive myself of any food. I am not in the super best shape, my form of exercise is flicking a remote control...but at least I am within 10 lbs from my college weight, after 2 pregnancies....not too bad. Hope this hels and ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS!!!
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Moderation, proper portion sizes and lots of yummy veggies! Once I fill up on all the healthy goodies this time of year, it makes it so much easier to have "just a nibble" of the less healthy stuff.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 2:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm going to have to look the other way when the holiday treats start rolling in at work. I just can't afford to have it pass beyond my lips (forever on the hips).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Try to keep a balance, and don't let a little treat here and there completely throw you off. If you designate the days you plan to allow a treat, then there is nothing to beat yourself up over...that works for me.

My husband has a huge sweet-tooth, and my kids would feel deprived if I eliminated all sweets from the house (which is the only way I wouldn't eat them). When I know I'm gonna have a treat at the end of the next meal, or the next day, it's easier to hold out. Also, I try to fill up with water before meals, so I can reduce my overall intake of calories in preparation for these little indulgences.

So far I've had 2 Lindt truffles a day and 3 pieces of pumpkin pie, without gaining any weight. Now Hubby wants to do a pecan pie taste test by getting a pie from Giant Burger, Trader Joe's, and Boston Market; then tasting our way to a winner. My kids don't really like pecan pie -- my favorite. :-\
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 4:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010