• In the Spotlight:

how can i get the baby fat off me

i have been trying so hard to get this fat off me and i cant i know its the holidays and no one is dieting but i drink water i walk thirty min a day if not every other day and i eat health foods like its cookies what else is there

brittanymomma

Asked by brittanymomma at 9:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• rolling on floorGirl, I wish I could help, but it's been 22 years and I still can't get that baby fat off me!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. Watch your calories. google a BMR...this will tell you how many calories that you need to intake to survive while losing weight.

Sparkpeople is also a great site for motivation and will keep you on track.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Well my son is 21 months old and I didn't lose weight until he was 15 months old. But when I started (I lost 36lbs) all I did was walk walk walk walk walk! And I only ate 1200 calories a day! I don't drink kool aid either... SUPER SUGERY! Anyway, it helps to keep a journal of what you eat... like what it was, how many calories, sodium, fiber, etc. It helped me.good luck

MrsBaldwin

Answer by MrsBaldwin at 10:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• Check out my journal post. Lots of useful information in it but too long to place in the answer section. Hope it helps:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 10:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2010

• If you can afford it, pick up a WiiFit Plus. I LOVE that game and it helped. I was on it five nights a week 30-45 minutes and was able to make my goal weight in my goal time.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I really like weight watchers.

The motto: You have to eat in order to lose

You can eat anything you want and it is a diet that is tailer made for you, You can follow with them online.
    Good luck sweety!!
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 4:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Have you tried clean eating? I, too, have a journal post, as it's too long to type it all here. I've lost 26 lbs so far between that and exercise. I've found that diet is about 80% of it. Don't over-restrict yourself.  Never go below 1200 calories.  Eat small frequent meals to keep your metabolism revved up, and to keep yourself from starving.  If you're starving, your metabolism is slowing to hold onto calories.You might need to up the pace of your walks, as well as the distance and time.  Adding some weight training would likely help as well, because that really ups your metabolism. I do a 30 minute run, then I come home and do a 30 minute Jillian Michaels video.  It really helps my energy level, too. Good luck, mama!!

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• as far as the tips go about working out and all, it's really hard to do that without actually being able to show them...

but I suppose I would recommend strength training at least 3 days a week (ask a personal trainer at your local gym how to use all the machines, they cant charge you for that)

do at least 30 minutes of moderate cardio 5 days a week (speed walking on an incline, jogging, stationary bike, etc) the point is to actually break a sweat... which most women in the cardio room DONT do... they just kind go through the movements... which gets you NOWHERE!
    FITmama2B

Answer by FITmama2B at 5:15 AM on Nov. 27, 2010

• remember that you cant get "big" and look manly by lifting weights... it's not geneticly possible (women do not have enough testosterone) I can assure you that women who look manly actually try to look this way and not only does it take hoursss a day of gym time it also takes steroids.. so LIFT, LIFT AND LIFT....

above all and most importantly, FOOD! I don't care how hard you kick your butt in the gym.. if you eat like shit you will look like shit... eat 5-6 SMALL meals a day.. each meal should consist of good carbs (sweet potatos, brown rice, etc) and lean protein (ground beed, chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, etc)

if the 5-6 small meals do not fill you up... eat green veggies and fruit... however many you want... it's like free food!

good luck!!! and I hope that helped
    FITmama2B

• Toning at least 3x's a week will help
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:25 AM on Dec. 1, 2010